TOPIC: 2021: Round 06 - Team Selections

Alvin Prpl 2021: Round 06 - Team Selections 1 month 3 weeks ago #15

Alvin Prpl
Here's your chance to start climbing the ladder Biz.....that or walk the plank.

The Buccaneers

B: Errol Gulden (Swans) Charlie Ballard (GC)
M: Zach Merrett (Ess) Callan Ward (GWS) Caleb Daniel (WB)
F: Jack Riewoldt (Rich) *Shane McAdam (Adel)
R: Scott Lycett (PA)

I: Josh P Kennedy, Peter Wright, Jake Riccardi, Steele Sidebottom.

*I'm hoping Sam Sturt will be picked and he can replace Shane McAdam in the forward line and rum amok.

Ha ha just spotted a typo there but he is a Buccaneer so he probably will RUM amok.
The topic has been locked.
Mercury, Bizkit said You Beaut

Bizkit 2021: Round 06 - Team Selections 1 month 3 weeks ago #16

Bizkit
Here's this week's attempt to halt this losing streak. Good luck Alvin.

SoS Superstars
B: Jiath (hawk), Himmelberg (gws)
M: Neale (traitor), Parker (swan), Houston (port)
F: T Lynch (tiger), Daniher (lion)
R: Darcy (freo)
I: Nankervis (tiger), Breust (hawk), Worpel (hawk), Cunnington (roo)
Nathan: When did you get balls?
Simon: I've always had balls you've just never seen them.
Nathan: That's the gayest thing I've ever heard.

FD1016 2021: Round 06 - Team Selections 1 month 3 weeks ago #17

FD1016
Can the neurotic psycho dog round up and scare the Piglets into preforming a miracle this week?

Coach doubts it...

Ruc: McEvoy
Fwd: Lobb, Butters
Def: Houli, Crisp
Mid: Dusty, Our Brayshaw, Josh Dunkley

Bench: Serong, Zorko, Moore, Gibbons

Good luck all and have a great long weekend!
Go Freo! : )

Straddo 2021: Round 06 - Team Selections 1 month 3 weeks ago #18

Straddo
Geez it doesn't get any easier, our key mid is out, our favourite benchwarmer (Meek) may or may not even be named so, we've had to drop him, our key Back is having a terrible year, and all our forwards are playing good defensive teams and who even knows what Melbourne is doing with Langdon. And to top it all off, I've only just realised that I've got 5 players in the squad from Carlton and St Kilda. I should probably be playing in the second division.

Now with all that out of the system, here is the Souls side that's going to take it up to Poll as we set our sights on a spot in the top 8.

Ruck: O'Brien (Crows)
Mid: Miller (Suns)
Mid: Lyons (Lions)
Mid: Gaff (Budgies)
Back: Cripps (Blues)
Back: Haynes(Giants)
Fwd: King (Saints)
Fwd: Mcgovern (Blues)

Int - Membrey, Langdon, Saad, Frampton
pollyanna said You Beaut

391 2021: Round 06 - Team Selections 1 month 3 weeks ago #19

How good is the extra day to overthink your team.

Cant help but feel bit like 2021 AFL Duffle is turning in to a war of attrition - players dropping like flies. Interesting times re trading out to bank wins now or holding on and hoping they're back and you come good later in season. GAgaaaagh so annoying.

Danger game or us - good luck Cookie.

Ruck - Tim English

Mids - Dom Sheed (WCE), Jake Lloyd (Syd), Tim Kelly (WCE)

Fwds - Orazio (Port), Tabs (FFC)

Def - Mitch Duncan (Geel) and Aaron Naughton (WB)

Bench - Logan McDonald, Bayley Fritsch, Jacob Hopper
cookie, pollyanna said You Beaut

pollyanna 2021: Round 06 - Team Selections 1 month 3 weeks ago #20

pollyanna
I can't fathom why the Hooleys are sinking so quickly, I believe my selection thinking has to be tuned up a bit. Straddo aint no weiner, he can score big and he takes pleasure in scaring little ol' cat ladies when given the chance.

There was a little voice in the back of my head that said 'dont take Wino out of yer midfield ya dunderhead' last week, but i did and Ollie racked up a game high 32d. He's back in this week - my midfield, like my ruckman, is a given - week in, week out - no need to think anymore about that.

Forwards - pretty much of a crap shot, every week. On draft night I was thinking Hipwood because I knew a lot of attention would be given to Joey Danniher - in my view, Hipwood would be given a second defender and would be trying harder with that freedom. He has proven me right - he owns a forward spot until he starts shooting behinds more than goals. The other spot is a moving feast - I usually bet on Mikey kicking in a goal or two a game, but he's been down on form - I back this kid in, especially while Heeney the Weeney is off injured. Sam Weeders has been added simply because I can have fun with his name when filing my selections - he'll debut soon.

Every year I'm confounded by defenders - good ones on the paddock don't translate to good point getters. Every year I try and predict that player on each team that will receive the kick in mark from the goal square. With the new rules these marking kings have become less relevant - it's rare that a chip kick to the back pocket will happen anymore, but the general rule of thumb I follow is that most markers at the ball are hopeless at tackling. Still, one mark is worth two tackles - my wildcard guess was on Jayden Short this year, it just hasn't panned out. Scoring big on your defensive line is crucial to winning in the DuFFLe - I still can't get this one right, but Rampe seemed to be a good balance between marking and tackling. He's buggered - but should be back in a week or two.

Ok, I've done the Morgan this week - I've actually tapped out every thought I had before selecting my team of the week:

THE HOOLEY-DOOLEYS
Round 6 v Straddo's Souls (which is a funny name for a footy side...well, it is actually....unless the bloke is into Motown music or something, but I don't reckon he is - I've shared a beer or two with him and he doesn't strike me as a soulman...nor does it strike me that he's a born-again Christian. But who knows, maybe he decided on creating an enigma of sorts when naming his side - yeah, just to put off cat ladies. Ok, it worked.)

BACKS: 2xAliir; J. Short.
MIDS: Fyfe; Walsh; Wino.
FWDS: Hipwood; Sam Weederspray (Melb).
Rock: The Goldmeister.

Pine: Sir Mikey (to come into the forward line if Weideman doesn't get a game for the DeeDumbs); The Chadwicker Wondergaardener; Blicavs; Stephen's Brother.

Good luck Straddo, let's make this game a shootout - that's me by the way in Mercury's picture zapping something or other. Stay well everyone, remember those that stood up for the right things in their own way, sacrificed their lives or well-being, and gave us all this wonderful space to fool around in.

Go Freo - see most of you on Saturday night for the Len Hall tribute.
cookie, Bizkit, captdazza said You Beaut

Matty T 2021: Round 06 - Team Selections 1 month 3 weeks ago #21

Matty T
El Primero

Backs Doodee McGovern
Mids Liberatore Boak Menegola
Fwds Finlayson Stringer
Ruck Nic Nat

Int Mihocek Duggan Hunter Lukosius
I just wanna beat Slammo in the DuFFLe

pollyanna 2021: Round 06 - Team Selections 1 month 3 weeks ago #22

pollyanna
Hahaha, I just read Straddo's team - THIS SHOULD BE EASY!

...and...

I hope That Dog Gaffy gets injured (as I always hope).
Bizkit said You Beaut

purple kit 2021: Round 06 - Team Selections 1 month 3 weeks ago #23

purple kit
The more I look at my players the more disenchanted I get, up against one of the heavy weights of the competition this week, even Merc’s KOD won’t save the Purple Kit Kats this week.

R: GRUNDY, Brodie (Collingwood)
B: DOCHERTY, Sam (Carlton), ACRES, Blake (Fremantle)
M: MUNDY, David (Fremantle), PETRACCA, Christian (Melbourne). CROUCH, Brad (St Kilda)
F: CAMERON, Charlie (Brisbane), HIGGINS, Jack (St Kilda)

Bench:
CAMERON, Darcy (Collingwood)
SEXTON, Alex (Gold Coast))
KELLY, Josh (Greater Western Sydney)
FOGARTY, Darcy (Adelaide )

Not selected:
HOGAN, Jesse (Greater Western Sydney)
PRESTIA, Dion (Richmond)
VLASTUIN, Nick (Richmond)
CERRA, Adam (Fremantle)

Mercury 2021: Round 06 - Team Selections 1 month 3 weeks ago #24

Mercury
Provisional Team

Team for Buccaneers

blockerhall 2021: Round 06 - Team Selections 1 month 3 weeks ago #25

blockerhall
like donkey kong, Moppy!

P.S, I feel that my plan to wear my purple overalls tomorrow night jinxed it for everyone. Please accect my sincerest, humblest apologies.

pollyanna 2021: Round 06 - Team Selections 1 month 3 weeks ago #26

pollyanna
Mercury, mate - Alvin already posted a team, it's a better line-up too!

Alvin Prpl 2021: Round 06 - Team Selections 1 month 3 weeks ago #27

Alvin Prpl
You are probably right with that team Merc but I am going to give Caleb Daniel one more chance he was averaging 28 in the midfield before his pathetic 8 or whatever it was.

Bloody hell no Len Hall Anzac game, not happy!!!
Mercury said You Beaut

pollyanna 2021: Round 06 - Team Selections 1 month 3 weeks ago #28

pollyanna
For those of you hoping to get a glimpse of Blocker in his purple Hard Yakka overalls at Optus tomorrow night - nup, Mark banned public yahoonery for 3 days.
Moderators: Mercury