TOPIC: 2020: DuFFLe Premiership and Richmond Cup

Mercury 2020: DuFFLe Premiership and Richmond Cup 1 month 8 hours ago #1

Mercury

BLOCKERHALL WINS 2020 PREMIERSHIP
Pollyanna Claims the Richmond Cup

Well you can’t say they didn’t deserve it. Blocker’s Willsie Aeroplane has been one of the DuFFLe frontrunners all season and Pollyanna’s Hooley Dooley’s just fell out of the finals series from the last round of the HomeNaway. Both scored meritorious victories over Hypen’s Heroes and Raglan Matt’s Matadors.

Congratulations to Hypen’s and RaglanMatt’s proxies who selected their squads and picked their teams over the season.

2020 Glenmorangie Nectar D'Or Premiership
  • Willsie Aeroplane (129.5) defeated Hypen's Heroes (102) at Blockerdrome

2020 Green Ginger Wine Richmond Cup
  • Hooley-Dooleys (106.5) defeated The Matadors (80) at Pickle Park

Login to reply,
ooslumbird, pollyanna, captdazza, slammen, Straddo said You Beaut

ooslumbird 2020: DuFFLe Premiership and Richmond Cup 1 month 48 minutes ago #2

ooslumbird
Onya Block, Hooley Dooley Hooley
Commiserions to the almost champions who fought out the finals.
Too good for the Knights
Seeyas all againnext year the good lord willing
And what a great effort by Merc in conditions that would have been insurmountable by a mere mortal. Enjoy the drinks fellas... Wish I could be there!
Login to reply,
purple kit, Bizkit, pollyanna said You Beaut

FD1016 2020: DuFFLe Premiership and Richmond Cup 4 weeks 1 day ago #3

FD1016
Huge congrats to Blocker and Polly!
Can’t believe we all got through this surreal, on so many levels, season...
Massive thanks to Mr Mercs for what must have been a nightmare from start to finish. He took our hands and led us blindly through the fog, I had no idea what was going on so just followed. We all made it. Stella effort.
Hope to see you all at and end of season wind up but for those who can’t be there, stay safe and see you all next season! :D

Go Freo <3
Login to reply,
purple kit said You Beaut

Straddo 2020: DuFFLe Premiership and Richmond Cup 4 weeks 1 day ago #4

Straddo
Congrats on winning the cup Blocker, and Polly for being the best of the worst!

And thanks Merc for pulling it all together in what has been the most challenging of years.
Login to reply,

pollyanna 2020: DuFFLe Premiership and Richmond Cup 4 weeks 1 day ago #5

pollyanna
I am thrilled - first big win when it counts, even if it was tier two. I thought it was hopeless when Mikey pulled out before the game, Cripps was lamed in the first half and then Naughton got konked early. But the other fellas rose to the task and we swamped Raglan Matt's mob.

Well played everyone, had a ball this season - top win for the Block (yet again), congratulations. Many thanks to Mercury for doing it all, especially standing in for me when I was buggered in April/May. It was a big ask this season on top of everything else.

So now it's all over except for the drinking - always memorable with you lot, legendary when the Ooslumbird is in town. Set a GPS target for Northbridge FD (ie, north of Fremantle, next to hipster Biz's cbd hangout) - see y'all at the pub.
Login to reply,
FD1016, cookie, Bizkit said You Beaut

blockerhall 2020: DuFFLe Premiership and Richmond Cup 4 weeks 1 day ago #6

blockerhall
Well, can I be the first to request an asterisk next to the 2020 premiership?

The year was already pear-shaped when I logged on to find out when draft night was, only to find that I had missed by 24 hours and the Willsie were already selected, a rag-tag bunch of honest triers and only two screaming fowl, milling around awaiting direction in this most unusual of years. My man Straddo, using talents hitherto unknown, had assembled a side capable of greatness.

With minimal guidance from their leader, this side performed consistently through the season, not always a trademark Willsie attribute. However, no doubt they would have flogged any side assembled by Slammo, had he run the gauntlet.

A big shout out to Lance Franklin, we carried you all year for bugger all. Enjoy your medal.
Steele Sidebottom. You too, you goose. Congrats on your first child, but we did it without you.
Bayley Fritsch, the Krazy Kraut. Brought home the bacon in the last round. Don't be late to training again though.
And Rocky- so many coaches have had a love-hate relationship with you over the last few seasons. Saved his best for me and the pointy end.

Commiserations to Hypen. But a win to you would have been as great an injustice as those tainted Slime-o premierships.

To Polly, best of the other half- bask in your moment of glory!

To anyone who posted on this forum, bloody good on you. This little corner of the internet is a unique place, and all the better for every contribution.

And to the great Maker, Mercury, its been all said before, but take the time to take a bow, and pat yourself on the back. The time you take to knock this out each week is noted and probably under-appreciated, but you sir, are a gentleman among gentlemen. May the universe smile on you in a way that rewards your efforts.

Go Dockers.
Login to reply,
cookie, Mercury, Bizkit, pollyanna, captdazza, Straddo said You Beaut

pollyanna 2020: DuFFLe Premiership and Richmond Cup 4 weeks 1 day ago #7

pollyanna
Geez, the bloke is honest too.
Login to reply,
blockerhall, FD1016, Mercury said You Beaut

Straddo 2020: DuFFLe Premiership and Richmond Cup 4 weeks 1 day ago #8

Straddo
Runner up last year, picked the winning side this year and with absolutely nothing in the trophy cabinet to show for it, I could be turning into the Duffles Ross Lyon equivalent.
Login to reply,
blockerhall, FD1016, Mercury said You Beaut

pollyanna 2020: DuFFLe Premiership and Richmond Cup 4 weeks 18 hours ago #9

pollyanna
Ok, two days later and I still feel fantastic. Just letting the hopeless bloody losers know.
Login to reply,
blockerhall, Mercury said You Beaut

pollyanna 2020: DuFFLe Premiership and Richmond Cup 3 weeks 5 days ago #10

pollyanna
Friday night and it's still grouse cloud nine ya plonkers.
Login to reply,

Bizkit 2020: DuFFLe Premiership and Richmond Cup 3 weeks 5 days ago #11

Bizkit
When are we catching up for your celebrations Polly?
Nathan: When did you get balls?
Simon: I've always had balls you've just never seen them.
Nathan: That's the gayest thing I've ever heard.
Login to reply,

pollyanna 2020: DuFFLe Premiership and Richmond Cup 3 weeks 4 days ago #12

pollyanna
The Colonel wants to wait until after his birthday to sober me up Biz - sometime in late October, which is citting it fine but I'll give it my best shot.
Login to reply,
Bizkit said You Beaut

TheColonel 2020: DuFFLe Premiership and Richmond Cup 3 weeks 4 days ago #13

TheColonel
Hey, dont blame me - I am ready to go anytime, anywhere.
Login to reply,
blockerhall, cookie said You Beaut
Moderators: Mercury