TOPIC: Get well soon Polly!

blockerhall Get well soon Polly! 1 month 16 hours ago #1

blockerhall
Some of you may not know but our resident crazy cat lady has come a cropper of the hands of a bad dog attack a couple of weeks ago. You can read the terrible account on facebook under his nom de plume Bernt Porridge. Hopefully he makes a full recovery, because you can't keep a good man down. I'm sure he would appreciate any messages of support in his enforced down-time. Get well soon Pete!
Login to reply,
cookie, Bizkit, pollyanna, slammen said You Beaut

Mercury Get well soon Polly! 1 month 15 hours ago #2

Mercury
This photo was snapped just before Polly wielded the slap bass.

Login to reply,
blockerhall, pollyanna said You Beaut

Bizkit Get well soon Polly! 1 month 12 hours ago #3

Bizkit
I hope you're doing well Polly and make a swift recovery.

I can relate somewhat having missed our first derby win due to being in hospital thanks to a rottweiler mauling. It's certainly not a fun feeling but I'm sure it's nothing compared to what the nursing staff are copping having to put up with Polly's barbs and wit.
Nathan: When did you get balls?
Simon: I've always had balls you've just never seen them.
Nathan: That's the gayest thing I've ever heard.
Login to reply,
pollyanna, slammen said You Beaut

pollyanna Get well soon Polly! 1 month 11 hours ago #4

pollyanna
Well, thanks Block and everyone - I'm humbled.

But Biz got it spot on: after a few sleepless nights in RPH I carried on like a headless chook when this young Irish nurse was giving me my 2am injection - slowly putting in the antibiotic while timing it with her watch. I carried on for 5 minutes straight, never letting up. She just kept her poker face, finished up and then said to me (in her lilting west county accent), 'this is a hospital my dear, not a hotel'.

I lay there for over an hour thinking about what an arseclown I was - then staggered out of bed, around the ward until I found her before the 5am shift change and apologised. She just laughed and got me back to bed.
Login to reply,
Matty T, Bizkit said You Beaut

captdazza Get well soon Polly! 1 month 10 hours ago #5

captdazza
Hmm, so you can be brought back into line.
Guess we'll need to work on our accent.

Get well Polly.
2012 Duffle Champ
Login to reply,
pollyanna said You Beaut

ooslumbird Get well soon Polly! 4 weeks 1 day ago #6

ooslumbird
All the best Poll..look after yerself..as an old postie I have loads of sympathy for ya, but it'll take more than that to get Polly down.
Login to reply,
Mercury, pollyanna said You Beaut

TheColonel Get well soon Polly! 4 weeks 1 day ago #7

TheColonel
Hope it wasn't the vicious attack dog in his FB profile picture.
Login to reply,

pollyanna Get well soon Polly! 4 weeks 1 day ago #8

pollyanna
Thanks again everyone. Ok, listen - I know I blather on at times, but here's a good one for my DuFFLe mates:

100% TRUE AND ACCURATE POLLY STORY

I was pretty miserable in RPH, grumpy because I just went there for a few stitches and a tetanus shot - next thing I know I'm in for almost a week, living in a flappy gown. One of the blokes in my ward was Danny - a boilermaker from Dampier with a badly infected arm. He had a pack of tobacco - one night he rolled me a smoke and gave me directions to a loading door on level 2 that you could get out of.

I took my smoke, Danny's bic lighter and wheeled my IV bag stand down to level 2, down a long hallway lined with great artworks towards the patient transport doors. I was grumpy, felt pretty luckiest and wondered how long this bad luck was going to last. I rounded a corner and saw the exit glass doors - in front was a table with a security guard sitting there writing on some papers. As I rolled closer I recognised the bloke - I've seen him before. I stopped in front of him, an unlit furry hanging out of my mouth, my bare arse poking through the back of my gown.

It was Dean Margetts - it was 11pm on a Friday night and there was no one around. It was me and Dean Margetts. Oh Lord, there is a God and this was my moment!

100% TRUE- you blokes would've been proud of my next 5 minutes.
Login to reply,
blockerhall, Bizkit said You Beaut

Mercury Get well soon Polly! 4 weeks 20 hours ago #9

Mercury
Since you have related the story, I assume you didn't clobber him with our IV stand and were not summarily arrested. Most impressed at your self-control, Pol.
Login to reply,

blockerhall Get well soon Polly! 4 weeks 18 hours ago #10

blockerhall
If there is a god there is a chapter 2 to this story
Login to reply,
captdazza said You Beaut

captdazza Get well soon Polly! 4 weeks 15 hours ago #11

captdazza
What site does Margetts post?
2012 Duffle Champ
Login to reply,

Straddo Get well soon Polly! 1 week 4 days ago #12

Straddo
Geez don't check in for a few weeks and Polly has found a new way to pass the time by recreating life as a Freo supporter in a world without actual games being played. The only thing missing was the annoying budgie supporters. (Being mauled by the doggies, quick fixes not working and taking longer than planned, berating Margetts)

Bit late to the party but I hope you've recovered Poll!
Login to reply,
pollyanna said You Beaut
Moderators: Mercury