TOPIC: 2020: Think Ahead

Mercury 2020: Think Ahead 1 month 1 day ago #1

Mercury
Hi everyone

Is I am reading the runes correctly, we will see a compacted season with teams playing, probably twice a week or at least three times in a two week period in an effort to get the 17 HomeNaway games in.

Do you think we need to make any rule changes - I'm thinking of team selections?

I am also of the mind to allow a couple of free Trades prior to games recommencing, and scrapping the deadline "trade by 30 June" cut-off.
Login to reply,

blockerhall 2020: Think Ahead 1 month 16 hours ago #2

blockerhall
Likely to require more flexibility for sure. Have to wait and see what the season looks like, but your suggestions are very reasonable
Login to reply,

Bizkit 2020: Think Ahead 1 month 11 hours ago #3

Bizkit
I guess we'll have to wait and see how they go with re-fixturing it all but if they're shorter turn arounds between rounds or even just a rolling fixture, we might have to get inventive. Until we get a start date and fixture, it's going to be difficult to pre-empt too much.

I think one thing we can guarantee is there will be no bye rounds to worry us. We could have the problem of teams having multiple games in a round though.
Nathan: When did you get balls?
Simon: I've always had balls you've just never seen them.
Nathan: That's the gayest thing I've ever heard.
Login to reply,
Mercury said You Beaut

captdazza 2020: Think Ahead 1 month 9 hours ago #4

captdazza
The 6 week LTI rule may need a tweak. Maybe to 4 matches?
2012 Duffle Champ
Login to reply,
Mercury said You Beaut

Mercury 2020: Think Ahead 1 week 6 days ago #5

Mercury
June 11 - matches to resume.
Login to reply,

ooslumbird 2020: Think Ahead 1 week 5 days ago #6

ooslumbird
Geez its good to hear from you guys once again....Will be different for sure....interesting times ahead.
Let's hope that all are well, especially Poll. Looking forward to better times.
Login to reply,
Mercury said You Beaut

blockerhall 2020: Think Ahead 1 week 2 days ago #7

blockerhall
Merc, your lists page is beautiful! Well done
Login to reply,
Mercury, captdazza said You Beaut
Moderators: Mercury