• Page:

TOPIC: Fixture rewritten

purple kit Fixture rewritten 1 week 6 days ago #1

purple kit
Hey Merc, with only 17 H&A games you better look at rescheduling, how many games do we need for finals, or do we just go EPL style and top of the ladder wins?
Login to reply,

391 Fixture rewritten 1 week 6 days ago #2

As someone who has finished on top of the ladder but never won Duffle

Keep the knock out finals.

If peeps and HG were happy reckon we could do randomly drawn pools for a set number of round games and then have knock out cross over finals (think World Cup or tennis tournaments)

Working from home and love spreadsheets
Login to reply,
Mercury said You Beaut

Mercury Fixture rewritten 1 week 6 days ago #3

Mercury
Interesting... Because of only 17 Rounds, I'm thinking whoever is on top wins. Otherwise, we don't get to play each other at least once.

Thoughts?
Login to reply,

Bizkit Fixture rewritten 1 week 6 days ago #4

Bizkit
As someone who's finished on top and missed out on even making the GF, I agree there should be finals.

The drama and ability for anyone to still be able to win is a good thing for the comp. If you lose your first few and are no chance of finishing top immediately, what's the point of going on. We need finals and I'm happy to have a shortened season where we don't play everyone once.

You'd have to think the AFL would eliminate the bye rounds so that'd make it a bit easier to handle.
Nathan: When did you get balls?
Simon: I've always had balls you've just never seen them.
Nathan: That's the gayest thing I've ever heard.
Login to reply,

Straddo Fixture rewritten 1 week 6 days ago #5

Straddo
Just throwing it out there...we could play two conferences? Or is that OTT? I note that Gil hinted that the season will take as long as it takes, I suspect there is a real chance that we don't get 17 rounds in. So planning for a shorter season but allowing for tagging an extra game of two on might be the way to go.
Login to reply,

captdazza Fixture rewritten 1 week 6 days ago #6

captdazza
My current views are:

I don't think it matters if we play every one once or not. There is a good chance there may not be 17 rounds anyway.

If towards the end of the season there's some certainty that the last 4 rounds will be unaffected, then play finals, regardless of the number of regular season rounds completed.

If the prospect of disruption continues throughout the season, then award it to the team on top, even if only a small number of rounds are completed.

Whatever is decided, going to be an interesting competition, if games do get underway.
2012 Duffle Champ
Login to reply,

pollyanna Fixture rewritten 1 week 6 days ago #7

pollyanna
We gotta have a finals series. Hey, for some of you silver-spooners it may mean nothing, but a large part of my forward projections are based on fleecing my supporters for outrageously priced finals tickets. The Hooleys are counting on a final series, large home ground crowds and a decent take from the gate.

Surely, this virus thing will be done before the finals.
Login to reply,
Mercury, Bizkit said You Beaut

ooslumbird Fixture rewritten 1 week 6 days ago #8

ooslumbird
I reckon the less games we play the more it points to whoever finishes on top gete the choccies. And it won;'t be me.

And did I say I am not a fan of the word conference when applied to sporting competitions. What's wrong with divisions?
Login to reply,
pollyanna said You Beaut

pollyanna Fixture rewritten 1 week 6 days ago #9

pollyanna
I assumed it was a very long pause - my thumb got cramped scrolling down, scrolling down, scrolling down...
Login to reply,
blockerhall, Matty T said You Beaut

Mercury Fixture rewritten 1 week 5 days ago #10

Mercury
We can make a decision later in the season.
Login to reply,

pollyanna Fixture rewritten 1 week 5 days ago #11

pollyanna
Ok, I'm putting a stake in the ground - if the DuFFLe season is called off, I'm declaring myself the winner.
Login to reply,

pollyanna Fixture rewritten 1 week 5 days ago #12

pollyanna
Hang on, you deleted the Ooslumbird's long, long and mostly empty post! It was really funny - for those of you that missed it, Oos got grumpy at an American term, opened a beer, rested it on the return key on his keyboard before having a sip and finishing his rant.

Super funny - Go Oos!
Login to reply,
blockerhall, Bizkit said You Beaut

TheColonel Fixture rewritten 1 week 5 days ago #13

TheColonel
well, why dont we call off the games and just throw barbs/bs/sarcasm etc at each other for the season - like we normally do.
Login to reply,
Raglan Matt said You Beaut

Alvin Prpl Fixture rewritten 1 week 5 days ago #14

Alvin Prpl
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys but I think you will find there won't be any football this year, so it looks like whoever was the champion last year is going to remain the reigning champion.

Just because there is no footy doesn't mean we can't as Mr Sanders says "just throw barbs/bs/sarcasm etc at each other for the season - like we normally do".

Actually I think it's a bloody good reason to take it to a whole new level.
Login to reply,
Mercury, pollyanna said You Beaut
  • Page:
Moderators: Mercury