TOPIC: 2019: Finals Week #4 - Premiership Results

Mercury 2019: Finals Week #4 - Premiership Results 3 weeks 6 days ago #1

Mercury

2019 Grand Final
and 2019 Richmond Cup

• Buccaneers (182.5) defeated Lost Souls (149.5) at Port Royal
  • Collusions (130) lost to Knights in Purple Satin (153) at Trump Tower Moscow

Well that was a most fitting result. Alvin has been a leader all season and come to the Grand Final, the Buccaneers brought their A game and defeated the admirable Lost Souls. As a runner-up, Straddo, well done. Falling short in the Big Dance with a score of 150 points is no fail at all.

And well done, Oos, for getting the Satin Knights to fire up at the end of the HomeNaway to take out the Richmond Cup.

Finally, hail all our 2019 DuFFLe Glenmorangie premiership coach, Alvin Prpl!
Login to reply,
Alvin Prpl, FD1016, Nelson, captdazza, slammen said You Beaut

Bizkit 2019: Finals Week #4 - Premiership Results 3 weeks 6 days ago #2

Bizkit
Well done guys, I reckon this season has been the most level in years with everyone picking strong squads from the get go. Congrats to Alvin and Oos, very deserving winners.

I hope to see everyone at the Brass Monkey friday night for a beer or two. Merc will get none shouted from me until he gives me a draft pick higher than 15!
Nathan: When did you get balls?
Simon: I've always had balls you've just never seen them.
Nathan: That's the gayest thing I've ever heard.
Login to reply,
Alvin Prpl, Mercury said You Beaut

Alvin Prpl 2019: Finals Week #4 - Premiership Results 3 weeks 6 days ago #3

Alvin Prpl
YEEEEEWWWWW!!!!

FINALLY GOT ONE.

Cheers Merc I'm stoked to have made it I have got close a few times over the years but have stumbled on the home straight so it was great to go all the way for once.
Even better is the fact that I did it completely slime free and with so many long term injuries throughout the year.

I think that side only had Gawn, Whitfield, Kennedy and Breust from the original starting line up.
When I lost Ward and Taberner so early in the season I thought I was GAWN.
I would bet money that I had the most LTI's for the year for sure, I can't even remember how many, I was seriously struggling to field a side during the middle of the year but was back to full strength at the business end of the season.

As it turned out I made some shrewd trades and ended up with an extremely well balanced side that was just a bit weak in the forward line.

Hell, I had guys that didn't make the final side like Harmes 32, Suckling 29 and Hannebery 28 as mids.
Suckling would have even got 20 as a back.
Josh Battle 14 as a back.
Sexton kicked 2.4
Sam Menagola was the only player that didn't play that last round so I was one player short of being able to name a second team but with the one player short my second team would have score 123.5.

Thanks for all your work Merc and all the banter guys, hope to see most of you at the Brass monkey for a few.

P.S. Biz it doesn't work like that, I bought Merc a single malt last year and magically ended up with an early draft pick this year.

I must say I felt lucky though, with pick 3 I was hoping for Grundy or Gawn but was sure I would get Witts.
Login to reply,
blockerhall, pollyanna, slammen said You Beaut

Mercury 2019: Finals Week #4 - Premiership Results 3 weeks 6 days ago #4

Mercury
Brass Monkey - Not this coming Friday, but the Friday of the Finals. It's the "rest week" this week for the AFL.
Login to reply,
Matty T, Bizkit said You Beaut

Alvin Prpl 2019: Finals Week #4 - Premiership Results 3 weeks 6 days ago #5

Alvin Prpl
Yep Cats and Collingwood I believe it is, I will be there.
Login to reply,

purple kit 2019: Finals Week #4 - Premiership Results 3 weeks 6 days ago #6

purple kit
Well done Alvin & Oos, worthy winners, that score in the grand final makes glad I didn’t make it as it is always harder when you lose the big one but there’s no chance I would have bested Alvin.

Won’t be able to make the Brass monkey as am Melbourne based but have a great time all those who do attend!

PS thanks Merc for the dedication in making Duffle as enjoyable and fair, it must be a very time consuming exercise. The single malt is in the post.
Login to reply,
Alvin Prpl said You Beaut

cookie 2019: Finals Week #4 - Premiership Results 3 weeks 5 days ago #7

cookie
well done Alvin & Oos ! and thanks Merc for all your efficient organising. I can't make Friday week but I look forward to draft night in 2020 ! :-)
Login to reply,
Alvin Prpl, Mercury said You Beaut

FD1016 2019: Finals Week #4 - Premiership Results 3 weeks 4 days ago #8

FD1016
HUGE pat on the back to you Alvin! What an awesome score to end the season!
Massive thank you to Mr Mercs for his dedication and meticulous scrutineering throughout the season ; )

PS Dumb blond senile moment (I’ve no chance) and thought the finals started this Friday, planned my Bus/train/train journey only to realise it’s the following week... can’t make it but hoping we can arrange another one, maybe the semi???
Have fun everyone and stay safe!!
Login to reply,
Alvin Prpl said You Beaut

hypen 2019: Finals Week #4 - Premiership Results 3 weeks 4 days ago #9

hypen
Well done to Alvin and my old mate OOS. Thanks so much Merc look forward to seeing you flogs for a beer in a couple of weeks.
Login to reply,
Matty T, Alvin Prpl, Mercury, Bizkit said You Beaut
Moderators: Mercury