TOPIC: Round 19, PK tribute round

slammen Round 19, PK tribute round 2 months 3 weeks ago #1

slammen
It's game on PK , but we all know Slammens Men are eventually gonna blow you away. We're alot like the Borg from Star trek (Resistance is Futile

Login to reply,

Straddo Round 19, PK tribute round 2 months 3 weeks ago #2

Straddo
It's game on with Polly as well. Interesting to see how it goes tomorrow.
Login to reply,
FD1016 said You Beaut

FD1016 Round 19, PK tribute round 2 months 3 weeks ago #3

FD1016
Oh carp Fisher was a non starter... looking at my bench for inspiration... nah I got nuthin’, my forward line is up Shippe Creek. AGAIN. Unless Hamling could slot a few :D
Login to reply,

captdazza Round 19, PK tribute round 2 months 3 weeks ago #4

captdazza
The Jokers v Biz's Superstars is also close.
Jokers lead by 9 with Stringer (v GC) up against Biz's Hawkins (v Syd)
C'mon Jake!
2012 Duffle Champ
Login to reply,

purple kit Round 19, PK tribute round 2 months 3 weeks ago #5

purple kit
Well played slammo, you slimmed me! With English my only player to go up against Sandi and Hodor, I will be lucky to get 10 points out of him. As has been the case too often this year the Riders failed to deliver when it counts.
Login to reply,
slammen said You Beaut

slammen Round 19, PK tribute round 2 months 3 weeks ago #6

slammen
I might be going a bit premature on this because the match isn't over yet and the karma bus could be ready to strike, but what the hell , be afraid people in the top eight BE VERY AFRAID.

Slammens coming (hard)into the finals off of a four game WINNING streak which consisted of at least three top of the round scores against top eight teams. Slammen's played the last four weeks as elimination finals (and won) in preparation for the upcoming finals.

Over the years Slammens tried a few different tactics to see what works best, in the early days Slammen tried picking wegirls players knowing that Dufflers couldn't bring themselves to pick them , which left his side with high end talent at bargain picks later in the drafts (this got noticed and people have ruined it) BOO!!
Slammens tried to win all games and created the dreaded list of shame , only to find out your team can drop away fast come finals time

This year Slammen reckons he's got the formula right and will be lifting the the cup at the end of the finals (for the fourth time) thus making him the most successful coach in DUFFLE history.

OH YEAH!!!!
Login to reply,

FD1016 Round 19, PK tribute round 2 months 3 weeks ago #7

FD1016
And that, my friend, would be about as popular as the Slime winning back to back premierships.

Eeeewwwww just coughed up a little vomit...
Login to reply,
Alvin Prpl, pollyanna, slammen said You Beaut

391 Round 19, PK tribute round 2 months 3 weeks ago #8

Ouch ... AP and the Buccaneers in some ripping form.

I'll post about 160 points and still get rolled and miss a spot in the 8. Although losing Luke Ryan to a hammy just after half time in the Freo game cost me a few more probably woudnt have been enough to run him down.

When your opponent banks 50 points from his defenders you know you're in trouble!
Login to reply,

FD1016 Round 19, PK tribute round 2 months 3 weeks ago #9

FD1016
The Bont comes off the bench for the Rashers to replace Fisher and scores a couple of goals...
Don’t know if I should laugh or cry.
Login to reply,

Alvin Prpl Round 19, PK tribute round 2 months 3 weeks ago #10

Alvin Prpl
Sorry about that 391 but it's about time I got a win over you, that only brings it to 2 wins for me out of our 8 games, the worst record for me against any duffle team I'm sure.

I ended up with a decent score despite my forward line managing to kick just 1 goal.
What was I thinking when I dropped Sam Lloyd because he was up against Fremantle and I thought we might shut the Bullies down and make it a low scoring game, well it was for Freo but he still managed a few.

I'm starting to get a few players back and building a bit of form heading into the finals, It was great to have Phil Davis back this week with 13 marks in the backline.
I think we will also get Sam Menegola and Dan Hannebery back next week to strengthen the bench if nothing else.
Login to reply,

captdazza Round 19, PK tribute round 2 months 3 weeks ago #11

captdazza
Stringer, you little beauty!
2012 Duffle Champ
Login to reply,
Moderators: Mercury