• Page:

TOPIC: 2019: Round 04 - Team Selections

Mercury 2019: Round 04 - Team Selections 1 week 6 days ago #1

Mercury
Another Thursday night game starts us off for Round 4. And it continues for Round 5, but ceases for Round 6 when the first game of the Round commences on a Wednesday! Good Lord!

After that, we are back to Fridays.

Your team has to be submitted to this thread by 5.10pm this Thursday - WA time.

And a Fear Spread Across the Country

Oh for the good old days. The days where the Hooley Dooleys were made up of loveable larrikins. Rambunctious individuals who played hard, but partied harder. Days when you didn’t fear playing Polly’s band as they would be entertaining, but could not manage a better than average score. Oh wailey wailey wailey! Now the Hooley Dooleys have a ruckman - and not any ruckman. The Hooleys have signed Shane Mumford. Now those carefree days are gone and thee should embrace fear if you face Polly’s Hooley Dooleys in battle.

So what will happen in Round 4? Well Polly will win - of course. Alvin looks to have a team that can only be defeated by injury so the Souls are in all sorts of trouble. Hypen has a good squad and so does Moppy; this could be interesting. Hypen’s wealth of experience against Moptop’s enthusiasm, yet to be bridled by age.

Cookie has learnt a great deal since the Ingredients first took to the field and they might just provide Biz’s perennial achievers with an embarrassing loss. And since I am expecting The Colonel to take back the reins of his Commandos this week, his expertise should result in FD’s Rashers heading back to the planning board.

The Captain takes on PK this week and I’m not sure who has the edge. It might just be the Riders. I do know, however, that Oos will be too good for Slammo and FunBeanMan should be able to put up a winning score against the overachieving Willsie Air.

In the final game of the round, El Primero travels to Merton Place to take on the Dreamers. By golly does MattyT need a win this week. He ain’t gonna get one.

Round 04
  • Pollyanna (Hooley-Dooleys) v 391 (Collusions) at the Pickle Park
  • Alvin Prpl (Buccaneers) v Straddo (Souls) at the Port Royal
  • Hypen (Chatanooga Central Purple Pounders) v Moptop (Thundering Chooks) at the Cadji Dunn Reserve
  • Cookie (Ingredients) v Bizkit (SoS Superstars) at the Kitchen
  • TheColonel (Colonel's Commandos) v FD1016 (Rashers) at the Parade Ground
  • CaptDazza (Jolly Jokers) v Purple Kit (Knight Riders) at the Funny Farm
  • Ooslumbird (Knights in Purple Satin) v Slammen (Slammen's Men) at the Royalladrome
  • FunBeanMan (Fun Guys United) v Blockerhall (Willsie Aeroplane) at the Say That Again Stadium
  • Nelson (Dreamers) v MattyT (El Primero) at the Merton Place
The topic has been locked.

Matty T 2019: Round 04 - Team Selections 1 week 6 days ago #2

Matty T
Congrats on the big win this week Nelson :(
I just wanna beat Slammo in the DuFFLe
Nelson said You Beaut

Alvin Prpl 2019: Round 04 - Team Selections 1 week 6 days ago #3

Alvin Prpl
Bloody Thursday night games

FD1016 2019: Round 04 - Team Selections 1 week 5 days ago #4

FD1016
There’s worse to come Alvin P....

Incidentally Mr Mercs, did you see my trade request? : /

ooslumbird 2019: Round 04 - Team Selections 1 week 4 days ago #5

ooslumbird
KIPS SIDE TO PLAY SLAMMO THIS WEEK

BACKS: W Milera(Adel), D Swallow(GC)

MIDFIELDERS:S.Walsh(Carl), R.Laird(Adel), J Macrae(WB)

FORWARDS: R Gray(Port), C Cameron(Bris)

RUCK: M Lobbe(Carl)

INTERCHANGE: C Salem(Melb) G Rohan(Gee) D Zorko(Bris), N Balta(Rich)

TheColonel 2019: Round 04 - Team Selections 1 week 4 days ago #6

TheColonel
Merc,
I am back from KiwiLand.
Before I left, I created a spreadsheet with my team but my computer objected to being shut down for a month and has managed to lose/destroy all of my files from that time.
Can you please let me know which players I have at the moment so that I can start again from scratch.
Thanks

Mercury 2019: Round 04 - Team Selections 1 week 4 days ago #7

Mercury
You will find your team here, Colonel: click. And here is the performance of your team since Round 1: click.

I haven't made any Trades or changes to the squad so you have all your Trades left, if you wish to use any.

PS: Welcome back.

TheColonel 2019: Round 04 - Team Selections 1 week 4 days ago #8

TheColonel
Assuming Hg lets me do the trades:

Ruck: Todd Goldstein
Back: Brad Sheppard, Steele Sidebottom
Mid: Dyson Heppell, Luke Shuey, Danial Rich
Fwd: Josh J. Kennedy, Tom T. Lynch
Int: Nathan Jones, Toby McLean, Heath Shaw, Reilly O'Brien

If not I will run with last weeks.

Mercury 2019: Round 04 - Team Selections 1 week 3 days ago #9

Mercury
I am sure the Trades will be fine.

slammen 2019: Round 04 - Team Selections 1 week 3 days ago #10

slammen
Slammen Men,

B: S Hurn (wc), J Walker (bris)
M: A Gaff (wc), D Sheed (wc), T Adams (coll)
F: J Darling (wc), C McCarthy (freo)
R: R Stanley (gee)

I: O Wines (port), J Macmillan (nm), P Ryder (port), N Haynes (gws)

Knights in Purple Satin sounds more like some 70's swingers club than a footy team ,which is kind of funny because by the time Slammens Men are finished with you they'll all be rooted OH YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!

Slammens team song has been decided

I can't wait for next week, see you then POLLY

Alvin Prpl 2019: Round 04 - Team Selections 1 week 3 days ago #11

Alvin Prpl
Buccaneers

Word on the street is that Callan Ward will come back into the GWS side this week, I probably should wait a week to see how he goes but nah he will come straight into the Buccaneers side as well.

B: Matt Taberner (US) Jaidyn Stephenson (COL)
M: The good Josh Kennedy (SYD) Lachie Whitfield (GWS) Callan Ward (GWS)
F: Luke Breust (HAW) Alex Sexton (GC)
R: Max Gawn (MEL)

I: Braydon Preuss (MEL) Isaac Smith (HAW) Sam Menegola (GEE) Matt Suckling (WB)

If Ward is not named I will go with the same team as last week i.e. Suckling into the midfield and James Harmes onto the bench.

P.S. Another Buccaneer also set to make his debut for the Buccaneers this week is the big fella Braydon Preuss, I hope he doesn't restrict Captain Gawn's scoring too much, it was always my concern when picking Gawn.

Is it wrong to hope that one of your players has a shocker and is dropped only to come back if required through injury?

Bizkit 2019: Round 04 - Team Selections 1 week 3 days ago #12

Bizkit
The Stars are falling down the ladder rapidly despite some relatively high scoring. This week we'll be looking at defense and shutting down the unbeaten Ingredients. As one of the best defenses in the DuFFLe, we've been leaking far too many points but the key will be the midfield finding more of the footy than the first few rounds.

SoS Superstars
B: Howe (pie), Aliir Aliir (swan)
M: M Crouch (crow), M Murphy (blue), Viney (demon)
F: Hawkins (cat), McKay (blue)
R: Sinclair (swan)
I: Marshall (saint), Weideman (demon), Florent (swan), Hanley (gc)
Nathan: When did you get balls?
Simon: I've always had balls you've just never seen them.
Nathan: That's the gayest thing I've ever heard.
cookie said You Beaut

FD1016 2019: Round 04 - Team Selections 1 week 3 days ago #13

FD1016
“The Colonel to take back the reins of his Commandos this week, his expertise should result in FD’s Rashers heading back to the planning board.”
Bit harsh this week Mr Mercs....

Relying on one of our boys to tag The Colonel’s Shueyeeee out of the game... please...

Def: Sicily, Hamling
Mid: Boak, Dangerfield, IncomesTheBont
Ruc: McEvoy
Fwd: Raynor, Ziebell

Bench: Rozee, Elliot, Johannisen, Newman

Good luck all!
Mercury said You Beaut

pollyanna 2019: Round 04 - Team Selections 1 week 3 days ago #14

pollyanna
POLLY'S MUMIFIED HOOLEY-DOOLEYS
(not colluding with 391's Colluders)
Round 4 - Slammo Slaying Preparation Round

BACKS: B. Hill (Us); *T. Varcoe (Geel).
MIDS: P. Cripps (Carl); Angus Brayshaw (Melb); *T. Kelly (Geel).
FWDS: J. Bruce (Deaf/Blind Cheats); WUNDERGAURD (Haw).
RUCK: The Mammymeister (GWS)

Int: *B. Smith for Varcoe (if Trav isn't named); Mikey Walters (for T. Kelly if he isn't named); T. Papley; Schache.

This is tricky, I was caught out last week with Wundergaurd's shock naming and I'm hoping to cover all the bases this week.

GO OOS YOU CHAMP! Any of you others that are naming Toilet players this week (of ALL weeks) just be damned into eternal damnation, forever. We ain't mates, you should feel shamed and dirty (etc). For everyone else, well done with keeping moral integrity in the game - have a good fun weekend.

Oh yeah, welcome back Colonel - and I hope things are a bit brighter for you Funbeanman.
Bizkit, slammen said You Beaut
  • Page:
Moderators: Mercury