TOPIC: Geelong V Bulldogs

hypen Geelong V Bulldogs 1 month 1 week ago #1

hypen
Can I ask why a significantly reduced crowd are packed shoulder to shoulder? Is this a player protection thing?
Login to reply,

pollyanna Geelong V Bulldogs 1 month 1 week ago #2

pollyanna
They're all from the same housing block
Login to reply,
Blue1red1, hypen, CaptSnooze, Rhufus said You Beaut

rogerrocks Geelong V Bulldogs 1 month 1 week ago #3

rogerrocks
The risk of outdoors transmission is very small. The real danger is on the public transport.
Login to reply,
kidmaple said You Beaut

DS Geelong V Bulldogs 1 month 1 week ago #4

DS
Even before Covid I would have thought using public transport around Geelong was risky.
Login to reply,
Blue1red1, shane, CaptSnooze, purple mao, Rhufus said You Beaut

shane Geelong V Bulldogs 1 month 1 week ago #5

shane
I thought they must be the local members sitting in their regular seats and there were no supporters coming in from Melbourne.
Login to reply,

hypen Geelong V Bulldogs 1 month 1 week ago #6

hypen
It could be that. Or they were specifically trying to manage the risk of player interaction between crowd; by not spreading the crowd to all parts of fhe ground and therefore not handling the ball as much. I don't know.

When you start implementing controls that are over the top or don't make sense, you start to lose people's hearts and minds and I think this is where its all heading at present.
Login to reply,

shane Geelong V Bulldogs 1 month 1 week ago #7

shane
I just saw that it was capped at 7000. So it was probably about cleaning costs.

You had to be a member of either club and you had to live in Geelong or surrounding regions.
Login to reply,
hypen said You Beaut

Raglan Matt Geelong V Bulldogs 1 month 1 week ago #8

Raglan Matt
Hypen,
When you start implementing controls that are over the top or don't make sense, you start to lose people's hearts and minds and I think this is where its all heading at present.

You have perfectly described Freo 2014-2019.
Login to reply,