TOPIC: Our girls...

freo00 Our girls... 6 days 17 hours ago #43

freo00
They don't need baggage they need some small recognition of what they have achieved , even some kind words would be something , If it was N. Melbourne in this situation I bet it would have been handled very differently !
Apparently they were favorites to win the flag according to the commentary on the weekend ?
Login to reply,

Gumnut Our girls... 6 days 16 hours ago #44

Gumnut
They've already won 7 games out of 7 Drubbing! They've beaten all comers on their merits and the only BS so far was the player votes of 12 other also ran clubs when they insisted that Fremantle and North Melbourne shouldn't play off for the Premiership on Saturday. I t was the common sense decision and they allowed pride and pettiness to influence their vote which resulted in this option being voted down by the majority of players in the AFLP vote.
A shared premiership between Freo and North Melbourne is probably the only fair conclusion to this season and not the snub and dismissal by Gill in his address yesterday.
Login to reply,
CaptSnooze, Corporal Agarn said You Beaut

Bizkit Our girls... 6 days 5 hours ago #45

Bizkit
Saying it would be an insult to the players to hand them the premiership after going the season unbeaten is an insult in itself. It's not like they only played a game or two, the season was almost done and they were incredibly dominant..

They worked their asses off not just during the season but in the lead up to get to where they were and it was all for nothing according to the AWFL. Just watch Antonio's interview below and you can see they wanted the premiership desperately and still believe they should get it.

Everything points towards them being the best side In the competition and having earned a home finals series, there's no way they would have been beaten at Freo Oval. Give them the cup they deserve.

Nathan: When did you get balls?
Simon: I've always had balls you've just never seen them.
Nathan: That's the gayest thing I've ever heard.
Login to reply,
slammen, Corporal Agarn said You Beaut

shane Our girls... 6 days 5 hours ago #46

shane
It's disappointing they weren't able to finish the season.
Login to reply,

Gumnut Our girls... 6 days 4 hours ago #47

Gumnut
And today it continues with only 2 of our girls, Sabreena Duffy and Kiara Bowers, named in team of the year on AFL site. No Evie Gooch or Gemma Houghton. I find the continued lack of recognition for our girls nothig short of disgusting and a very poor reflection on the AFL.
Login to reply,
Dr Sleep, CaptSnooze, slammen, Raglan Matt, Corporal Agarn, Rusted On said You Beaut

Drubbing Our girls... 6 days 4 hours ago #48

Drubbing
I guess I'm wrong. Some people still want a trophy, any trophy, no matter how insignificant and dismissive of it the AFWL and every commentator would be, and would always remind people Freo won the "Coronoavirus Cup".
Login to reply,

shane Our girls... 6 days 3 hours ago #49

shane
Why do you think people put up with Ross Lyon.
Login to reply,

Morgan Our girls... 6 days 2 hours ago #50

Morgan
The decision to not award a trophy was probably correct.

The previous decision to launch a three week finals series a week out from a completely inevitable shutdown was a farce.
Login to reply,
Freosiren, Gumby said You Beaut

Quasimodo Our girls... 6 days 1 hour ago #51

Quasimodo
If the decision had been lets have top of each conference play in a grand final ,we might be premiers now
Login to reply,
Freosiren said You Beaut

Raglan Matt Our girls... 6 days 1 hour ago #52

Raglan Matt
People are going to disrespect anything Freo wins, we know that. That's no reason for trying to ensure we don't win anything.
Login to reply,
Bizkit, Gumnut, freo00 said You Beaut

CaptSnooze Our girls... 5 days 22 hours ago #53

CaptSnooze
Hindsight Morgan. The decision was probably correct you say The choice to deny recognition of a long AFLW season as too hard and trivial to close out with dignity is a gutless cop out.
Login to reply,
docbert, Gumnut, Freosiren, Raglan Matt, Corporal Agarn, freo00 said You Beaut