TOPIC: Breakout Year?

Corporal Agarn Breakout Year? 2 months 4 days ago #15

Corporal Agarn
Perhaps he's trying to outdo Tom Alvin or John Platten? Don't think they ever cut their hair.
Login to reply,

blockerhall Breakout Year? 2 months 4 days ago #16

blockerhall
Having played plenty of footy with Rick, it is unfair to suggest he wore a toupee. He did undergo certain procedures to maintain his youthful looks. 'Leo' was surprisingly hard and quick on the footy field.
Login to reply,

hypen Breakout Year? 2 months 4 days ago #17

hypen
Blocker played for West Coast. I’m just saying.
Login to reply,

Stacksonthemill Breakout Year? 2 months 4 days ago #18

Stacksonthemill
My apologies then, Blocker. I played against him a few times and I agree. Good player.
Login to reply,

mac Breakout Year? 2 months 4 days ago #19

mac
John Platten wouldn't get his hair cut unless some else paid for it and he made some money out of it. He's lucky he played in a good Hawthorn 80's team and not Fitzroy.
I am excited about the this year.
I hope the players go gang busters and are free to play to their strengths and not worried about a coaches suppressive game plan hanging over their heads.
Login to reply,

shane Breakout Year? 2 months 3 days ago #20

shane
Anyone ever play football against Kerry Lonergan?
Login to reply,
pollyanna said You Beaut

pollyanna Breakout Year? 2 months 3 days ago #21

pollyanna
When Kerry was a kid Blocker signed his minibat after a country cricket match - before the war, the second big one, maybe it was the first (not sure).
Login to reply,
blockerhall, shane said You Beaut

slammen Breakout Year? 2 months 3 days ago #22

slammen
Every time I see Sam Sturt running around at training he reminds me of a young Nat Fyfe, I think he could be the the big improver this year.

2nd pre-season into him and I think we're about to see why we picked him with our early pick.
Login to reply,

goodsteve Breakout Year? 2 months 3 days ago #23

goodsteve
Geez...some big expectations for 2020 in this thread....I hope they come to something.
Login to reply,

Sox Breakout Year? 2 months 3 days ago #24

Sox
Sturt, Valente, and Cerra were VERY highly touted kids that we haven’t seen the best of, but I’m just as keen to see Bewley and Switta step up a notch. Bewley came in touted as the pinpoint kick to the forwards and I’d love to see him carving it up on a wing and at half forward. Switta is a pressure machine, and I’d love to see him step up and kick a few more goals, catch a few defenders out and sprint into an open goal.
But my pick, for who I think WILL have a breakout year... Matthew Taberner. 40 goals, a couple ten mark games and by mid season to start throwing his weight around a bit.
Login to reply,
Docker by the Sea, R.Lyon said You Beaut

hypen Breakout Year? 2 months 3 days ago #25

hypen
Monica Koss on her day could take you apart.
Login to reply,
Down on down said You Beaut

blockerhall Breakout Year? 2 months 3 days ago #26

blockerhall
+1 Logue
Login to reply,
Docker by the Sea said You Beaut

R34 Breakout Year? 2 months 3 days ago #27

R34
I love this time of the Dockers season...Optimism prior to round 3
Login to reply,
goodie, number 2, Corporal Agarn said You Beaut