Login to reply,

391 2019: DuFFLe Trades & Substitutions 3 months 2 weeks ago #254

Trade

Out - Jordan Clark (Geel)

In - Griffin Logue
Login to reply,

Bizkit 2019: DuFFLe Trades & Substitutions 3 months 2 weeks ago #255

Bizkit
Dammit Alvin, I was going to bring in Lloyd this week now he's done as my STC. Curse you!
Nathan: When did you get balls?
Simon: I've always had balls you've just never seen them.
Nathan: That's the gayest thing I've ever heard.
Login to reply,
Mercury said You Beaut

Mercury 2019: DuFFLe Trades & Substitutions 3 months 2 weeks ago #256

Mercury
Trade confirmed for 391...

Jordan Clark (Geelong) removed from squad
Griffin Logue (Fremantle) added to squad as a TRADE
Login to reply,

Alvin Prpl 2019: DuFFLe Trades & Substitutions 3 months 2 weeks ago #257

Alvin Prpl
I thought you might be going to do that Biz that's why I moved quick.
A slow day at work on a Sunday can be handy at times.

Beware, lock in your trades, I have Menegola who already qualifies for an LTI as he has missed 6 already and Broadbent who I am expecting to be out for rest of the year so I might trade out.
Login to reply,

Bizkit 2019: DuFFLe Trades & Substitutions 3 months 2 weeks ago #258

Bizkit
I'd like to get clarification as to whether I can use an LTI for Billy Longer (saint).

He has missed the last 3wks with concussion which is something he's battled a number of times including a pretty debilitating stint in 2016 where he missed 8wks.

The latest injury list has him still listed as TBC with the blurb 'The Saints can ill-afford an injury to Rowan Marshall, because Pierce and Longer face uncertain futures with concussion' which would indicate he still faces a lengthy stint on the sidelines.

He won't be back in the next few weeks with current concussion protocols.
Login to reply,

slammen 2019: DuFFLe Trades & Substitutions 3 months 2 weeks ago #259

slammen
It's ok Merc I've got this,

It's pretty simple Biz, it has to state somewhere in writing that a player will miss 6 weeks or more, if said player has missed 3 weeks then you have to prove he will miss another 3 or more, If it say's TBA or TBC you'll have to wait until they miss 6 weeks and then you can make the trade.

I reckon you already know this.
Login to reply,
Mercury said You Beaut

Bizkit 2019: DuFFLe Trades & Substitutions 3 months 2 weeks ago #260

Bizkit
I feel like concussion is not the same as a normal injury and shouldn't be treated as such. It will never have a particular time frame because head knocks are all so different in severity and impact. Players who have had repeated head knocks and spent large periods sidelined with concussion symptoms aren't going to miraculously appear the week after another head knock.

Prior concussions appear reasonable proof a player is injured long term. I don't think every occasion requires the statement of a timeframe but rather a reasonable judgement.
Login to reply,

Alvin Prpl 2019: DuFFLe Trades & Substitutions 3 months 2 weeks ago #261

Alvin Prpl
I hear you Biz, out through concussion is a little bit like my issue with Matthew Broadbent, he has missed 3 with 'Mental Health' and has been listed as indefinite from the start.
He only played 1 game for the Buccaneers since he was traded in.
I personally don't think he will play again however I don't expect that to be announced until after 6 weeks is up anyway.

I know I can't complain because I am sitting at the top of the ladder but I had to laugh when I saw Jeff Garlett was listed as out for the season a day after I traded him out.
Sam Menegla was originally listed as 4 I think it was but has now missed 6 and still is listed as 2 to 3 weeks as he has for the last month.

Seems like Fremantle is not the only team with the ongoing 2 to 3 issue.
Login to reply,

cookie 2019: DuFFLe Trades & Substitutions 3 months 2 weeks ago #262

cookie
Hi Merc, can I use my last trade please and swap out Sam Powell-Pepper for Sam Day please...?
Cheers
Login to reply,

Mercury 2019: DuFFLe Trades & Substitutions 3 months 2 weeks ago #263

Mercury
I can't remember who it was earlier this season who plied the same argument with me, Biz. I said "No" and then after complaining about my decision, the respective player came back to play for the DuFFLe franchise well before expected. I did accept the apology.

Biz, I need something definite that locks him out for six weeks. I do accept that you are probably right.
Login to reply,

Mercury 2019: DuFFLe Trades & Substitutions 3 months 2 weeks ago #264

Mercury
Cookie - Trade Confirmed

Sam Powell-Pepper (Port Adelaide) removed from squad
Sam Day (Gold Coast) added to squad as a TRADE
Login to reply,

Alvin Prpl 2019: DuFFLe Trades & Substitutions 3 months 2 weeks ago #265

Alvin Prpl
I believe I have one trade left Merc? so can I trade out Matthew Broadbent (Future LTI IMO but I'm not going to wait the 6 weeks)

Out: Matthew Broadbent (Port)
In: Josh Battle (Saints)
Login to reply,

Mercury 2019: DuFFLe Trades & Substitutions 3 months 2 weeks ago #266

Mercury
History...

Brennan Cox (Fremantle) removed from squad on Tuesday 2/4/2019 at 13:48
Alex Sexton (Gold Coast) added to squad as a TRADE at on Tuesday 2/4/2019 13:48.
Stephen Hill (Fremantle) removed from squad on Thursday 4/4/2019 at 15:31
Matt Suckling (Western Bulldogs) added to squad as a LTI SUBSTITUTE on Thursday 4/4/2019 at 15:31.
Callan Ward (Greater Western Sydney) removed from squad on Thursday 25/4/2019 at 4:37
Bachar Houli (Richmond) added to squad as a LTI SUBSTITUTE on Thursday 25/4/2019 at 4:37.
Heath Grundy (Sydney) removed from squad on Thursday 23/5/2019 at 6:56
Phil Davis (Greater Western Sydney) added to squad as a LTI SUBSTITUTE on Thursday 23/5/2019 at 6:56.
Matthew Taberner (Fremantle) removed from squad on Tuesday 28/5/2019 at 7:42
Matthew Broadbent (Port Adelaide) added to squad as a LTI SUBSTITUTE on Tuesday 28/5/2019 at 7:42.
David Astbury (Richmond) added to squad on a Short Term Contract on Tuesday 28/5/2019 at 7:43.
Josh Battle (St Kilda) added to squad on a Short Term Contract on Tuesday 28/5/2019 at 7:43.
Nick Larkey (North Melbourne) added to squad on a Short Term Contract on Tuesday 28/5/2019 at 7:43.
Marc Pittonet (Hawthorn) added to squad on a Short Term Contract on Tuesday 4/6/2019 at 6:35.
Jeff Garlett (Melbourne) removed from squad on Tuesday 18/6/2019 at 7:46
Daniel Hannebery (St Kilda) added to squad as a TRADE at on Tuesday 18/6/2019 7:46.
David Astbury (Richmond) removed from squad on Sunday 23/6/2019 at 17:26
Josh Battle (St Kilda) removed from squad on Sunday 23/6/2019 at 17:26
Nick Larkey (North Melbourne) removed from squad on Sunday 23/6/2019 at 17:26
Marc Pittonet (Hawthorn) removed from squad on Sunday 23/6/2019 at 17:26
Jaidyn Stephenson (Collingwood) removed from squad on Sunday 23/6/2019 at 17:28
Sam Lloyd (Western Bulldogs) added to squad as a LTI SUBSTITUTE on Sunday 23/6/2019 at 17:29.

Yep, one trade left.
Login to reply,
Moderators: Mercury